2. User Registrations and Accounts
We may require user registration in order to access content, Courses, products, or services on this Site. It is a condition of your use of the Site that all the information you provide on and to the Site is correct, current, and complete.
3. Online Purchases and Online Store Terms
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
Any prices for our content, Courses, products, or services are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue any content, Courses, products, or services (or any part thereof) without notice at any time. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of any content, Courses, products, or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of our content, Courses, products, or services.
4. Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your purchase of one of our Courses, we will fully refund your purchase, provided that you have completed 50% or less of the Course and have submitted a refund request within 30 days of the initial purchase. To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Intellectual Property Rights and Ownership
You understand and agree that our Site and its entire contents, features, and functionality, including, but not limited to, all Courses, information, software, code, text, displays, graphics, photographs, video, audio, design, presentation, selection, and arrangement, are owned by us, our licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected in all forms by intellectual property laws including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and any other proprietary rights.
Our name, logos, product and service marks, designs, images and slogans are registered and unregistered trademarks of Our Mama Village. You must not use such marks without our prior written permission.
The materials on this Site may not be copied, reproduced, posted, or republished in any way. They may be downloaded, displayed, or printed by the user for non-commercial and lawful personal use only, in accordance with the “Use Licence” provisions contained in Article 5. Otherwise, the republication or use of these materials without prior written consent from us is prohibited, and all rights are reserved.
You acknowledge that in the event Facebook, or other social media platforms, are linked through our Site or linked to our Site, you may take such actions as our Site and such third-party social media platforms permit. Any Courses, information, code, text, displays, graphics, photographs, video, audio, design, presentation, selection, arrangement, logos, names, service marks, images or slogans that may appear on Facebook, or other social media platforms, remain the sole property and trademark of us, our licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected in all forms by intellectual property laws. You must not use any such materials or mark without our prior written permission.
6. Use License
- Use of this course is limited to the household of the registered user.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on the Site, including materials from Courses, for lawful personal, non-commercial transitory viewing by the registered user and their household only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- share or transfer the materials to another person without prior written consent; or
- ‘mirror’ the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Our Mama Village at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
User Submissions and Site Content Standards
We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any User Submissions in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any User Submissions; or (3) to respond to any User Submissions. Any responses to User Submissions by Our Mama Village and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers and successors is for informational or educational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of health or childcare professionals.
If you send or transmit any communications or materials to Our Mama Village by mail, email, telephone, in any forum setting, or otherwise, including without limitation, new features, concepts, or functionality relating to the Courses, or any comments, questions, suggestions, or the like (”Feedback”), Our Mama Village is free to use such Feedback irrespective of any other obligation or limitation between the Parties governing such Feedback. You hereby assign to Our Mama Village all right, title, and interest in, and Our Mama Village is free to use, without any attribution or compensation to any party, any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, or other intellectual property rights contained in the Feedback, for any purpose whatsoever, although Provider is not required to use any Feedback.
Without limiting the foregoing, you warrant and agree that your use of the Site and any User Submissions shall not:
- In any manner violate the Rules outlined on our Facebook group, which may be linked to the Site, and can be found attached hereto as Appendix A.
- Include or contain any material that is exploitive, obscene, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, sexually explicit or pornographic, violent, inflammatory, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age or other such legally prohibited ground or be otherwise objectionable, such determination to be made in Our Mama Village’s sole discretion.
- Involve stalking, attempting to exploit or harm any individual (including minors) in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise or ask for personal information as prohibited under applicable laws, regulations or code.
- Involve, provide or contribute any false, inaccurate or misleading information.
- Include sending, knowingly receiving, uploading, downloading, using, or reusing any material that does not comply with these User Submissions and Site Content Standards.
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate Our Mama Village, an Our Mama Village director, officer, or employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses, or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- Transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertisements or promotions without our prior written consent, sales, or encourage any other commercial activities, including, without limitation, any “spam”, “junk mail”, “chain letter”, contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising or any other similar solicitation.
- Upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Site.
- Interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Site or any related website.
- Encourage any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm Our Mama Village or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, or alarm any other person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Give the impression that they originate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
You understand and agree that you, not Our Mama Village nor any parent, subsidiaries, affiliates nor their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, suppliers or successors, are fully responsible for any User Submissions you submit or contribute, and you are fully responsible and legally liable, including to any third party, for such content and its accuracy. We are not responsible or legally liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Submissions submitted by you or any other user of the Site.
Site Monitoring and Enforcement, Suspension and Termination
We have the right, without provision of notice to:
- Remove or refuse to post on the Site any User Submissions for any or no reason in our sole discretion;
- Take appropriate legal action, including, without limitation, referral to law enforcement or regulatory authority, or notifying the harmed party of any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Site; and
YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS OUR MAMA VILLAGE AND OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS AND SUCCESSORS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY THE COMPANY AND ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES RELATING TO ANY, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY OR SUCH PARTIES OR BY LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
We have no obligation, nor any responsibility to any party to monitor the Site or its use, and do not and cannot undertake to review material that you or other users submit to the Site. We cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted and we have no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party, subject to applicable laws.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR ITEMS FOUND OR ATTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE OR ANY MATERIAL PROVIDED BY OUR MAMA VILLAGE ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS’. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM AND NEGATE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. FURTHER, WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, LIKELY RESULTS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO SUCH MATERIALS OR ON ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR MAMA VILLAGE, NOR OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, OR SUCCESSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, REPLACEMENT COSTS, OR ANY SIMILAR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE CONTENT, COURSES, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
For General Information and Educational Purposes Only
The content, Courses, products and services offered on this Site are provided for general informational and educational purposes only. Parenting Little Kids with Big Feelings, Calming Anxiety in Motherhood, and all other Courses, Site content, products, or services offered by Our Mama Village provide a forum for discussion where parents can share thoughts, ideas, and concerns. The content, Courses, products, and services provided by Our Mama Village are not intended to be a substitute for the advice and/or treatment of healthcare and/or child care professionals trained to assess the development and progress of infants and children. Further, the needs of each infant and child are unique, and no content, Courses, product, service, or forum provided by Our Mama Village is intended to replace the advice of a healthcare and/or childcare professional. Any reliance on the material of this Site is at your own risk. The use of Our Mama Village Courses and Site is not for emergency or crisis help. If you require emergency medical help, please contact your local emergency services.
You further confirm that:
- ACTING ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILD, AND TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOU HEREBY WAIVE AND AGREE TO RELEASE ANY CLAIMS OR LIABILITY WHICH YOU, YOUR CHILD, OR YOUR CHILD’S HEIRS AND SUCCESSORS MAY HAVE OR BELIEVE TO HAVE AGAINST OUR MAMA VILLAGE AND OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, OR SUCCESSORS FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES TO YOU, YOUR CHILD, YOUR CHILD’S PERSONAL PROPERTY AND YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY, AND
- YOU AGREE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD OUR MAMA VILLAGE AND OUR PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SUPPLIERS, OR SUCCESSORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, SUITS, JUDGMENTS, OR COSTS WHICH MAY BE BROUGHT AGAINST OUR MAMA VILLAGE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS FOR THE ACTUAL OR ALLEGED ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF YOU OR YOUR CHILD.
By enrolling and participating in our Courses or otherwise engaging with our Site, you indicate that you have read and agreed with the above Disclaimer, Express Assumption of Risk, and Release of Liability in its entirety and freely and voluntarily assume all risks of such injuries and damages, notwithstanding such risks.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the Site may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content, Courses, products, or services on our Site are accurate, complete or up to date. Your use of the Site is at your own risk and neither Our Mama Village nor our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, service providers, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers or successors have any responsibility or liability whatsoever for your use of this Site. We may withdraw, terminate and/or make changes to the materials contained on this Site at any time without notice. We do not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
We have not reviewed all of the third-party sites linked to our Site and we are not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk. We have no control over the contents of any such third-party sites and accept no responsibility for such sites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. You are subject to any terms and conditions of such third-party sites, including but not limited to the Community Standards found on Facebook.
Such links to third-party sites from the Site may include links to certain social media features that enable you to link or transmit on your own or using certain third-party websites, certain content from this Site. You may only use these features when they are provided by us and solely with respect to the content identified.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Last Updated: February 18, 2022
Appendix A – Facebook
Prior to Entry
In order to access the following Facebook group for Our Mama Village, we require confirmation of your identity. Entry is limited to individuals who have contracted with Our Mama Village through our website, and therefore we require verification of your identity as proof of contract.
You acknowledge that your use of the Our Mama Village Facebook group is limited in duration. You have contracted for six to eight weeks, which means that upon the expiry date of your contract, you will no longer have access to this Facebook group.
You acknowledge that the information provided to you within this group, whether by Our Mama Village, our coach, or another participant, does not constitute medical advice. Our Mama Village Facebook group provides a forum for discussion where parents can share thoughts, ideas and concerns; if you require medical advice and/or treatment for your child(ren), please seek medical advice from a healthcare and/or childcare professional. If you require emergency assistance, please contact your local emergency services.
You acknowledge that any third-party links, course material, branded course content, logos, graphics, slides, or data related to Our Mama Village remains the sole property of Our Mama Village, and cannot be replicated, duplicated, copied, shared, distributed, or used outside of the Our Mama Village Facebook group without our prior permission.
- AUTHENTICITY: Facebook requires that all participants use their real names when engaging on the Facebook platform. We ask that you adhere to this, and avoid the use of nicknames, pet names, initials, or fake names. This also allows us to confirm your identity.
- BE KIND AND COURTEOUS: Parenting is difficult, and we are all in the Our Mama Village Facebook group for a similar reason – to navigate the relationship we have with our child(ren). We will not tolerate rudeness, bullying, judgement, or argumentation. It is okay to have differences of opinion, but we encourage expression of these differences in a kind and courteous manner. For example, we will not tolerate judgement regarding OMV to add examples of controversial parenting practices that will not be judged in this group.
- NO HATE SPEECH OR VIOLENCE: We will not tolerate the mention of violence, especially as it relates to children. We will also not tolerate hate speech, whether directed at another participant or at a community as a whole. This includes, but is not limited to, violent or dehumanizing speech, harmful stereotypes, statements of inferiority, expressions of contempt or disgust, cursing, or calls for exclusion and segregation. Any discrimination on a prohibited ground vis à vis the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19 will not be tolerated.
- RESPECT EACH OTHER’S PRIVACY: The participants of this Facebook group are sharing personal information, intimate details, and private thoughts and emotions. Please do not share another participant’s personal information, details, thoughts or emotions without their consent.
- NO PROMOTIONS OR SPAM: We ask that you do not use this group to solicit donations, promote contests or fundraisers, advertise your personal blogs or services, advertise your personal websites, engage in commercial or consumer practices, conduct polls or surveys, or spam the group with anything that Our Mama Village has not previously authorized.
- SAFETY: While we do our best to ensure this group is a safe space for discussions related to parenting, we cannot guarantee full safety from the collection and dissemination of data from someone other than Facebook; therefore, we ask that you do not post pictures of your child(ren), your families, your home, or your child’s/children’s school.
- VACCINATIONS: This is a hot topic! However, to facilitate an environment of amicability, we ask that you do not discuss the topic of vaccination within the Our Mama Village Facebook group.
Adherence to these Rules is a requirement of participating in the Our Mama Village Facebook group. We reserve the right to delete any comments, or remove any participants, which we believe do not abide by these Rules, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, or without any refund. We also reserve the right to report any comments or behaviour that we see as threatening or violent; such a report may be placed to Facebook, the Facebook Bullying Prevention Hub, or any legal authority we determine as just. If you believe our decision is unfair, we welcome open and constructive communication; please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: February 18, 2022